Lately, we’ve been talking a lot about new operating system builds for Windows 11, and rightfully so, since there is so much going on.
Some of the latest updates even managed to break OS features and a lot of users have reported their devices booting directly into BitLocker recovery.
Even Windows 10 users are having audio issues after installing one the more recent cumulative updates from Microsoft.
Now, Microsoft has released an update for Windows 11 Build 25182, which was released to Windows Insiders last Wednesday.
What’s new in KB5017600 for Windows 11?
Well, the truth is that this update brings nothing new, as the Redmond-based tech giant designed it to test its servicing pipeline.
These types of updates are sometimes released by Microsoft, much to the disappointment of Insiders everywhere, so we just have to live with it.
That being said, there still are a lot of new things to check out with this build, or rather its previous form, so we’re going to go into that.
However, since maybe you weren’t completely up to date with the latest changes and innovations for the Dev Channel builds, we will show you what you missed.
The Camera app can now understand the state of the privacy shutter on supported hardware, such as the Microsoft Modern Webcam or the integrated camera on many new Windows 11 laptops.
That being said, if the shutter is blocking the view or if the laptop lid is closed, the Camera app will inform you and offer guidance.
Microsoft also stated that it has actually improved the Camera app experience on Arm64 devices, which means you will see faster and better performance when you use the app.
The tech giant also began to roll out a Microsoft Store update (version 22207.1401.x) with the following improvements:
- Screenshots in search results: View screenshots in search results to help improve your browsing experience.
- Install games directly from the Microsoft Store app: When you find a game you like, you can install it right from the Microsoft Store, without switching apps.
- Fixed the issue that was causing devices with low disk space to receive download error 0x80070001 in Windows Update trying to install the latest Dev Channel build.
- Fixed an issue leading to some Insiders experiencing a decrease in FPS when playing certain games in recent flights due to the wrong graphics card being used.
- Fixed an issue which could lead to the taskbar overflow flyout unexpectedly appearing on the opposite side of the screen. This was incorrectly noted as fixed in Build 25179.
- Fixed an issue that was causing the animation on the taskbar that plays when a user switches from using a device in tablet posture to desktop while in overflow to incorrectly show when logging in.
- Fixed an explorer.exe crash which could happen when determining if the taskbar overflow should display. This could happen when switching out of a full screen …….